Founder & CEO
Youth Exercise Services Inc, (YES) was the vision of one man, Fred A. Vanderveen. During a visit to the Moscow Sports School, Fred observed that only the most talented of children received training. This visit prompted him to reflect on the need for a conditioning center dedicated to youth of all abilities. Over time, Fred’s dream expanded, and he envisioned a conditioning center not only for young people, but for elderly and disabled individuals as well. In 1994, the dream was realized, and YES was founded as a non-profit fitness center for youth, physically and mentally challenged, and senior residents of the lower Eastern Shore. Today, the facility offers a variety of exercise protocols and camps designed not only for the committed young athlete, but for those of all ages and abilities seeking to achieve a healthier lifestyle through physical activity.
YES Gym is a 9800 sq. ft. handicap accessible facility, with a 4000 sq. ft. sports-specific training area. YES Gym offers
- Power racks, monolifts and competition benches
- Deadlift, olympic lifting platform, training ropes, rocks, sledge hammers and tires
- 8000 lbs of free weights
- Stationary and recumbent bikes
- SciFit elliptical trainers, Versa Climbers, treadmills, slideboards
- BOSU balance trainers
- Kettlebells, resistance bands, suspension systems and more!